Schools are starting; universities are now reopening: thousands and thousands of students are now looking for the best laptops for students. If you are one of them too, do not worry, you are in the right place. The best part is Black Friday is around the corner, and the sale is on! So, this is the best time for you to grab the deal with Student Laptop Black Friday deals all over the globe.
In this article, I have listed the most recommended models for those who study and need a powerful, handy and reliable laptop.
You will discover not only which student laptops you should buy but also how to choose them without neglecting any aspect, especially the main ones related to and acclaimed by the world of school and university. So, here we go!
Best Laptops for Students
Dell XPS 17
The Dell XPS 17 has a lot to offer, such as a vivid display, long battery life, and high-speed performance. It weighs more than five pounds and comes with four Thunderbolt 4 ports. For internal components, it features an Intel Core i7-12700H CPU, an NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU, 32GB of RAM, and 1TB of SSD storage. Because of its large memory and storage, it is a good choice for students who need to use many resource-intensive programs.
However, the laptop has some downsides as well. Its keyboard is rather unimpressive because the keys feel shallow, and the bottoming action is quite springy. Also, it is a relatively expensive option. If you don’t mind these minor shortcomings, the XPS 17 is an excellent choice for students.
Acer Swift 5
Do you require a lightweight laptop to take along to class? If yes, the Acer Swift 5 will surely serve you well because it weighs just under three pounds. It also features a 1080p webcam, a compact design, and great battery life. The laptop’s 14-inch display is bright and spacious by virtue of the 16:10 aspect ratio and 2560×1600 resolution.
Under the hood, the Swift 5 has an Intel Core i7-1260P CPU, Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics, 16GB of RAM, and 1TB of PCIe NVMe SSD storage. My only complaint with this laptop is its relatively small touchpad. However, it is not a big deal because you can easily plug into an external mouse. It’s a decent product that is both efficient and travel-friendly.
Acer Aspire 5
- 【11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 】3 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, The 11th gen dual-core...
- 【Upgraded to 20GB RAM & 512GB PCIe SSD】Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY. Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly...
- 【15.6 Inch FHD Display】Experience sharp details and crisp colors on the 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9...
Some students, such as engineering students, require quite a bit of memory and storage to run software like Java and Python effectively. However, if you are running short on cash and looking for a more affordable option, the Acer Aspire 5 surely fits the bill. It offers a lot of RAM and SSD space at a reasonable price.
The laptop features an Intel Core i5-1235U CPU, Intel Xe integrated graphics, 16GB of RAM, and 512GB of NVMe PCIe SSD storage. It also offers a wide range of connectivity options and allows you to upgrade the memory by removing the back panel. Although the battery life and keyboard could be better, it is a great choice for budget-conscious students.
Apple MacBook Air M2
- STRIKINGLY THIN DESIGN — The redesigned MacBook Air is more portable than ever and weighs just 2.7 pounds. It’s the incredibly...
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — Get more done faster with a next-generation 8-core CPU, up to 10-core GPU and up to 24GB of unified memory.
- UP TO 18 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day and into the night, thanks to the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip.
If you have a preference for Apple products, then the latest Apple MacBook Air is an excellent choice for students. It is one of Apple’s slimmest and lightest models and very easy to carry around in your bag. It comes with Apple’s powerful M2 silicon processor that delivers significantly higher performance than one would normally get for this price. Thus, it is an especially great option for those who like to work with images or videos.
However, as a result, the M2 is not the cheapest available option for students. Nevertheless, it is still one of the more affordable MacBook options today. If your budget is flexible enough, this laptop is well worth the investment.
MacBook Pro M2
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — The 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop is a portable powerhouse. Get more done faster with a next-generation 8-core...
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day and into the night, thanks to the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip.
- SUSTAINED PERFORMANCE — Thanks to its active cooling system, the 13-inch MacBook Pro can sustain pro levels of performance, so...
The 13-inch MacBook Pro M2 serves as a nice upper-ground. It has a state-of-the-art M2 processor, excellent graphics, superior battery life, and more ports. In some ways, it is not as impressive as its larger siblings – the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models that came out in 2021. However, it does have the newer M2 processor.
When comparing the 13-inch MacBook Pro M2 with the MacBook Air M2, I noticed three notable advantages over the latter. First, it features a Touch Bar, while the Air only comes with Touch ID. Second, it offers up to two more hours of battery life than the Air. Third, it offers more screen brightness and higher-quality speakers. Although you will have to pay at least $200 more for these features, it may be well worth it, depending on your requirements.
HP Pavilion Plus 14
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 16 GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard...
- 【Processor】Intel Core i3-1125G4 (up to 3.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores)
- 【Display】14" FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, micro-edge, anti-glare, 250 nits, 45% NTSC Display
As a student, you are likely going to spend a lot of time staring at a screen. In that case, you might as well consider investing in a good one. The HP Pavilion Plus 14 has a stunning OLED display that produces amazing contrast, deep blacks, and a sharp picture overall. Its 14-inch screen has a resolution of 2880×1800, a 16:10 aspect ratio, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
As for the internal components, the Pavilion Plus 14 has an Intel Core i7-12700H CPU, Intel Iris Xe graphics, 16GB of RAM, and 1TB of PCIe NVMe SSD storage. Although its superb display and durable all-metal chassis are undoubtedly impressive, the short battery life and low contrast between the keys are disappointing. Still, the Pavilion Plus 14 is an excellent choice for users who suffer from eye strain and tension headaches.
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro
- (Ultimate Performance) With the all- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H CPU (8C/16T, 3.2GHz/4.4GHz) that exceeds Core i9-10980HK CPU, you can enjoy...
- (Exports Domination) Take your AAA titles and creative projects to a level with GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU by achieving the...
- (Expand Your Winning Zone) Rise above FHD gaming to a degree of visual superiority with the world’s first 16'' QHD gaming...
The Lenovo Legion 5 Pro is an excellent choice for students who love gaming in their free time. It offers incredible gaming performance, a wide range of port options, a durable design, and much more. Its pricing is quite competitive, and it can easily handle schoolwork as well as extended gaming sessions.
The laptop features an Intel Core i7-12700H CPU, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GPU, 16GB of RAM, and 512GB of SSD storage. Although the screen is undoubtedly bright, it is not as vibrant as some other models in the market. The 16-inch display offers a resolution of 2560×1600 and a maximum refresh rate of 165Hz. It is a versatile laptop that can help you out with both work and play.
Google Pixelbook Go
Although the Google Pixelbook Go is more expensive than other Chromebooks, it offers premium looks and build quality for a fraction of what you would have to pay for a similarly stellar PC or Mac. The touchscreen is excellent, the webcam produces great video quality, and the battery life is impressive. In fact, many users consider it to be among the best Chromebooks ever.
Although the Pixelbook Go’s processor is relatively low-powered compared to models such as Apple’s M2, the developers have designed the Chrome OS operating system to be as lightweight as possible. It doesn’t require the same amount of horsepower that rival operating systems do. If you’ve previously tried out Chromebooks but felt they weren’t powerful enough, then the Pixelbook Go might change your mind.
Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360
- The Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 2-in-1 laptop is designed to help keep your ideas flowing, anywhere, anytime. Use it in laptop mode for...
- 12th Generation Intel Core i7-1260P Processor (2.10 GHz, up to 4.70 GHz, 12 Cores, 16 Threads, 18MB L3 Cache); 16GB LPDDR5...
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) AMOLED, Touchscreen Display; Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics - Expandable to 2 monitors via Thunderbolt...
If you require a laptop that you can use to get creative during the day and stream movies and TV shows in the evenings, then look no further than the Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360. Its 15.6-inch screen is great for your needs, and you can push it back by 360 degrees to transform it into a tablet. As a result, it is an excellent option for many different types of work, such as editing images, typing out essays, and even digital painting.
A major disadvantage of most large-screened portable computers is their massive bulk, making them difficult to put in your bag and take to the library or class. Fortunately, the Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro is ultrathin and lightweight, weighing only 1.4kg.
LG Gram 16
The LG Gram 16 is one of the most impressive combinations of a large screen and a lightweight chassis. In fact, it is nearly perfect if these features are what you are looking for in a Windows laptop, especially if you are not interested in the MacBook Air or MacBook Pro options on macOS.
Weighing only 1.9 kg, it is lightweight despite its sizeable 16-inch LCD screen. It runs at a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels across a 16:10 aspect ratio and also features LG’s anti-glare technology. The Gram 16 is a relatively expensive product, which might put it out of the budget range of some students. However, it ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to performance, battery life and build quality.
Lenovo Ideapad 5
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (up to 3.60 GHz)
- 15.6 in Full HD IPS touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
- 512GB PCIe SSD
- The Lenovo IdeaPad 5 is the latest-generation university notebook, which can count on all the improvements introduced in the PC market in recent months.
- It comes with a 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor and 15.6 in Full HD IPS touchscreen. So, just use your fingers and get your work done without using a keyboard.
- It has two storage options of 512 GB and 1TB. With all these amazing features, this is an amazing pick to choose from with a variety of options available.
HP Chromebook 14-inch HD Laptop
- Google play store: The millions of Android apps you know and love on your phone and tablet can now run on your Chrome device...
- Sleek, responsive design: Keep going comfortably with the backlit keyboard and multi-touch touchpad that supports four finger...
- Binge watch while you work: Equipped with an Intel(R) processor, 14" display, stereo speakers tuned by audio experts at B&O and a...
- With a screen size of 14 inches and a full HD display, this will give you a stunning user experience. It is powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 processor.
- The slim, lightweight design of this Chromebook will impress you.
- If you want a laptop that’s comfortable to use while lying on the couch, this is a great choice.
ASUS Laptop L406 Lightweight Laptop
- Intel Celeron N4000 Processor (4M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)
- 1 year Microsoft 365 Personal subscription included
- Windows 10 Home in S mode (upgradeable to Windows 10 Home)
- ASUS L406 is powered by Intel Celeron N4000 Processor and 14 inch HD (1366×768) matte display.
- This will help you study your online notes and watch your video lectures seamlessly. Its compact design will make you fall in love with it.
- This variant has 64GB eMMC flash storage and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM for improved performance.
ASUS Chromebook C202XA
- The device comes with a robust and wear-resistant body that can easily withstand falls from great heights and is characterized by increased shock resistance.
- The Chromebook C202 features an 11.6-inch display with a resolution of 1366×768 pixels, a MediaTek 8173C processor, 4 GB of RAM, and a 16/32GB eMMC.
- The keyboard is spill-resistant and is a perfect fit for students looking for a great on the go laptop.
HP Pavilion X360 14 Inch for Students and Business
HP Pavilion x360 has a very interesting and modern design, the developers have focused on smooth lines and rounded edges. The overall visual impression of this approach can be summed up in one-word “lightness”.
This is confirmed by the weight of the laptop – only 1.72 kg. In any case, the device fits into the concept of “a laptop that I always carry with me” easily and naturally, because, in addition to its low weight, there is also a moderate thickness: only 2 centimeters. Easily fits into any standard backpack.
2020 Lenovo 100e 2 Gen 11.6
With its Intel processor, the 100e Chromebook (2nd Gen) seamlessly runs educational apps, especially interactive ones, designed to facilitate and enhance learning.
This Chromebook has a front-facing 720P HD camera. The 11.6-inch HD screen comes with antiglare technology to protect your eyes. What else do you need?
Lenovo Chromebook C340
Lenovo Chromebook C340 is the best laptop for those who prefer a completely different operating system. As the name implies, the new product runs on the Chrome OS operating system developed by Google.
Lenovo Chromebook C340 integrates with Google services and has access to the IT giant’s applications. In particular, Google Play is available by default.
Chromebook C340 has a 2-in-1 form factor. This means that the device can transform from a laptop into a large tablet. The laptop comes with11.6-inch screen with Full HD resolution.
Sufficiently compact size allows you to carry it with you without any difficulties. In short, it is a great pick for you to buy from Amazon.
HP Stream 11.6 HD Laptop
This is what you need for your study an affordable laptop with amazing specifications. It is powered by Intel Celeron N4000 Processor and Dual-Core, 1.1 GHz base frequency. This Laptop offers an excellent battery back up suitable for your long study hours and college projects. Its sleek and compact design with the Windows 10 operating system makes it a good option for students.
HP Pavilion X360
The HP Pavilion x360 laptop is made of scratch resistant plastic case which does not heat much with prolonged use of the PC. The HP Pavilion x360 has a 14-inch Full-HD display (1920 x 1080 pixels). The screen supports multitouch. It is based on an IPS matrix with very good viewing angles and a margin of brightness.
So, this is all about the 10 best student laptops to buy from the whole diversity of options available in the market. All these amazing laptops are available on Amazon so, no need to go anywhere just sit on your couch, go through all the alternatives, and find the perfect fit for you. Happy shopping!
Last update on 2024-02-22 using Amazon Product Advertising API.