Are you a student looking for a Chromebook? Well then, there are many options to choose from, but picking the best Chromebook is essential for students.
There are several reasons students can not pick a wrong device — the first being the budget issue and the second being their ability to go forward in the tech world. If you choose the wrong laptop, your studies and workflow will both be affected.
There are a lot of Chromebooks (lesser than Windows laptops, though), and these come in all shapes and sizes. Chromebooks are generally budget-friendly and that is why they are loved by students and budget-tight people. As a student who needs a laptop for daily coursework and a few additional activities, you don’t need an exceptionally high configuration.
Powered by Google’s Chrome OS, Chromebooks are fast-booting, power efficient, and easy to use. Coupling these virtues with their secure logins, inbuilt virus protection and automatic updates, it’s easy to see why they have grown to become popular alternatives to Windows and macOS.
Also, most of them happen to be economically priced. Needless to say, their growing popularity has resulted in the growth of the number of products available in the market. That’s exactly what this article is meant to help you out with.
Here, I have listed my picks for the 10 best Chromebooks for students that you can buy & try.
Best Chromebooks for students
A good Chromebook can carry out almost all the functions of a regular laptop, and the best models feel arguably better to use than their comparably priced counterparts for Windows.
Please note that 4GB RAM is more than enough for Chromebooks. Don’t go by the numbers. You may need extra storage, though, so focus on that. Chromebooks’ specifications generally match that of Android devices. On Chromebooks, you can log in with your Google Account to access your Google Drive files to save and store files. Google Play Store lets you find all the necessary apps you need for your studies.
Here are the 10 best Chromebooks for students in the market sorted by their price.
Best Chromebook under $200
HP Chromebook 14 Laptop
- FOR HOME, WORK, & SCHOOL – With an Intel processor, 14-inch display, custom-tuned stereo speakers, and long battery life, this…
- HD DISPLAY, PORTABLE DESIGN – See every bit of detail on this micro-edge, anti-glare, 14-inch HD (1366 x 768) display (1);…
- ALL-DAY PERFORMANCE – Reliably tackle all your assignments at once with the quad-core, Intel Celeron N4120—the perfect…
The HP Chromebook 14 is a great choice for both your college work and everyday computing. It allows you to watch videos or view spreadsheets in high-quality HD and in direct sunlight with its 14-inch anti-glare, micro-edge screen. Its custom-tuned dual speakers let you enjoy crystal clear audio and have a much more wholesome experience.
It features a lightweight and portable design, allowing you to take it just about anywhere, while its Intel® Celeron N4120 processor packs enough power to handle even your busiest days.
When you’re not studying, you can enjoy the high-resolution games and movies with its 4K-ready Intel UHD Graphics 600 card. You can multitask faster – even with multiple windows open – and safely store additional content with the Chromebook 14’s 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of eMMC storage. You can confidently work late into the night or during power outages with the fourteen hours of battery life it provides.
HP Chromebook 11A G8 Education Edition
- 【11.6″ HD display】Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient WLED backlight. AMD Radeon R4 Graphics. On-processor…
- 【AMD Dual-Core A4-9120C】Enjoy a computer with an AMD A4 processor. Experience AMD performance with entertainment features and…
- 【4GB system memory for basic multitasking】Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs…
The HP Chromebook 11A G8 features a typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution, an energy-efficient WLED backlight, and an AMD Radeon R4 graphics card. Its on-processor graphics, together with shared video memory, provide excellent image quality for your video lectures and web browsing. The AMD Dual-Core A4-9120C processor provides optimal speed not only for your studies but for recreational work as well.
The Chromebook comes with high-bandwidth RAM to help you smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs simultaneously. With 32GB of eMMC flash memory on board, this device is ideal for running applications and provides enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times, and support for high-definition video playback. It also comes with inbuilt virus protection and cloud backups.
Best Chromebooks under $300
Lenovo Chromebook 15.6″ FHD 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop
- 【15.6″ Full HD touch screen for hands-on control】You deserve to see more, and in rich, crystal clarity. With a 15.6″ IPS touch…
- 【4GB DDR4 RAM, 32GB eMMC Flash Memory 】Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing…
- 【Convertible Convenience】Work the way you want. The 360-degree convertible use modes enable you to present or share your…
The Lenovo FHD 2-in-1 Chromebook is one of the most popular devices among students. With its 15.6″ IPS Full HD touch screen, you will be able to view images, videos, and text in crystal clear clarity regardless of the mode you choose.
Its narrow-bezel design offers more real estate for stunning images, while its backlit keyboard helps you easily see keys in dimly light environments.
The device comes with 4GB of DDR4 RAM and 32GB of eMMC Flash Memory to help you smoothly run your applications and work with multiple programs and browser tabs simultaneously. The 360-degree convertible use modes allow you to present or share your screen in more collaborative and convenient ways while also making it easier for you to work in areas with limited space, such as inside a plane or train.
Acer Chromebook Spin 311
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS – An operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus…
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft…
Acer Chromebook Spin 311 is a convertible Chromebook powered by the Intel Celeron N4020 processor, a 11.6-inch HD touchscreen display, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB eMMC storage, Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 & Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity and much more.
Spin 311 has been specially designed to help students be productive all day – even when they are on the move.
Spin 311 also sports quick boot-up times, streamlined data management, enhanced storage capabilities, and support for high-definition video playback. Finally, its integrated HD webcam is ideal for students using apps such as Google Classroom and Zoom.
Acer Chromebook 315
- Be dialed in all the time, everywhere and anywhere with the Acer Chromebook 315. Recognized as the perfect multi-media companion,…
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Multi-Touch Display;
- Intel Celeron N4020 Dual-Core Processor 1.1 GHz, Up to 2.8GHz; 4GB LPDDR4 RAM; 64GB eMMC Flash Memory; No Optical Drive
Many students will find the Acer Chromebook 315 to be the perfect multi-media companion. It features an ultrathin and surprisingly light build and delivers unparalleled value in today’s fast-paced, technology-driven world.
Acer Chromebook 315 comes with a 15.6″ Full HD Touch IPS Display, fast wireless connectivity, an impressive HDR camera, and long-lasting battery life. Thus, you can use it to run educational apps and access your photos, videos, audio files, and documents anywhere and anytime.
The device features an Intel Celeron N4020 Dual-Core Processor (1.1 GHz, up to 2.8GHz), 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM, and 64GB of eMMC Flash Memory. It also includes an HD webcam and offers almost 12.5 hours of battery life. However, keep in mind that it doesn’t come with an optical drive.
ASUS Chromebook CX1
- Powered by the Intel Celeron N3350 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.4 GHz, 2 cores).Voltage:15.0 volts.Keyboard layout:qwerty
- Durable build with Military grade standard MIL-STD 810H US with weight at 3.97 lb
- 64GB eMMC and 8GB RAM, Wi-Fi 5 Plus Bluetooth 4.2
The ASUS Chromebook CX1 has been optimized for increasing productivity and giving you a smoother experience while you are on the move. It is a lightweight and highly portable device that is powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.4 GHz, 2 cores). It provides up to 11 hours of battery life.
The Chromebook CX1’s slim-bezel design fits more of the screen into the compact chassis for easy multitasking and an incredibly immersive entertainment. Moreover, the device is your gateway to the choicest offerings of Google, including the diverse library of apps for both studies and entertainment on the Google Play Store. With its robust performance, efficient security and intuitive features, ASUS Chromebook CX1 is an ideal for students who frequently find themselves on the go.
Best Chromebook under $500
Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook
- The Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook is the ultimate 2-in-1 device, powered by Chrome OS and cloud computing and designed for…
- This versatile touch screen Chromebook has a detachable fabric folio keyboard and stylus support, plus an ultra-light slim…
- With its lightweight Samsung OLED display, the Duet 5 Chromebook’s 13.3″ full-HD screen (1920 x 1080) at 400 nits bright is…
The Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook is one of the most popular 2-in-1 devices among students. It supports cloud computing and, by virtue of the 15 hours of battery life it provides, is optimized for portability.
It is a versatile touch screen Chromebook with a detachable fabric folio keyboard, stylus support, and an ultra-light slim chassis. You can view videos in tablet mode and work with its laptop-grade keyboard for optimal productivity.
The Lenovo Duet 5 Chromebook features a 13.3″ full-HD screen with a lightweight Samsung OLED display. The device produces crystal-clear audio from four speakers with smart amplifier technology. It also comes with two microphones and rear 8MP and 5MP front-facing 1080p FHD cameras for streaming and video calls.
Samsung Plus 2-in-1 12.2″ Touch-Screen Chromebook
- Experience responsive performance, power, adaptability and fun with Intel® Celeron™ 1.50 GHz processor
- 4 GB memory for smooth multitasking
- The 12.2″ 1920 x 1200 screen provides a great movie watching experience
The 2-in-1 Samsung Chromebook Plus helps you stay on top of your projects with its inbuilt pen, dual camera, and wholesome Google experience. If you prefer studying for long hours without slowing down, then its powerful battery and Intel® processor will surely prove helpful.
Most importantly, the Samsung Chromebook Plus is amazingly lightweight; you can just slip it into your bag and take it anywhere you go. Moreover, it easily folds over into tablet mode and allows you to quickly switch between typing and jotting down ideas.
The device comes with two cameras, including a revolutionary 13MP world-facing camera with autofocus. You can fold the laptop into tablet mode and capture your view from any angle, or zoom in to take photos of the whiteboard. You can also the front camera to video chat with classmates and clients.
The Samsung Plus has 32 GB of internal memory and also lets you store photos and videos right on your cloud. Finally, you can also utilize Google Create to explore in a refreshingly new way with the tools you use most frequently.
Lenovo Flex 5i 13 Chromebook 2-in-1 Laptop
- Efficient and always ready whether in tablet, tent, stand, laptop mode or any angle in between, the touchscreen Lenovo Flex 5i…
- Faster, simpler, and more secure, streamlined Chrome OS is packed with the latest features – thousands of apps are available on…
- Watch and stream shows and videos with no distractions thanks to narrow bezels and wider viewing angles on the Full-HD IPS display
The Lenovo Flex 5i Chromebook 13 is powered by an 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor and provides up to 10 hours of battery life, allowing you have uninterrupted and fruitful study sessions. It is a compact touchscreen Chromebook that combines versatility with power in a slim and lightweight design. This convertible laptop has a 360⁰ hinge, making it easy to use as a laptop, tablet, or in tent mode. Designed for easy startup and everyday use, it allows you to use your Google account for seamless access to your files regardless of where you are.
The device offers 8GB LPDDR4x RAM memory and 64GB eMMC storage for optimal performance. It features user-facing stereo speakers and an inbuilt amplifier certified by Waves Audio™ for sound that’s shockingly loud and clear for a compact notebook computer. Along with an IPS FHD touch display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, it features narrow bezels and wide viewing angles, allowing you to watch and stream video lectures with fewer distractions. Additionally, you can use the webcam for video chatting and then slide the physical privacy shutter closed for extra security.
Best Premium Chromebook
Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2
Whether you are studying or relaxing, the Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 keeps your needs covered. By virtue of its state-of-the-art 10th generation Intel Core processor, you’ll get super-fast speeds. It offers Wi-Fi 6 GIG+ that’s up to three times faster than standard Wi-Fi and gives you a remarkably smooth performance. The Chromebook 2’s ultra-thin design makes it compact and ready for impact. It includes an all-day battery that keeps up regardless of how long your to-do list is.
Chromebooks serve as ideal choices for students who wish to take their online education to a whole new level. They are also highly efficient and allow you to take advantage of the plethora of resourceful apps available at the Google Play store. I hope this article helps you find a Chromebook that suits your needs and serves you well for many years to come.
Last update on 2023-11-29 using Amazon Product Advertising API.