Apps and Tools I Use
Please note that some of the links and tools listed here are affiliate links, which means I may earn a little if you choose to buy using these links (at no extra cost to you but the sellers).
Apple Macbook Air M1 2020 – my go-to PC. Beautiful and very effective.
iPad Air 2020 – for basic edits, on-the-go writing etc.
Mi Notebook – rarely used now but still a very handy laptop to go with.
Amazon Basics Keyboard for hardcore typing and gaming on my custom PC setup. I also play on an Xbox Series S and a 32-inch screen. I also have an HP’s 21.5″ Monitor, which is used for web development needs mostly.
Software and Apps Used
- Typora – for writing and editing needs / $14.95 one-time. Paid
- ProWritingAid – my favorite writing assistant + plagiarism checker. Paid
- Sublime Text – for jotting down notes, web development works. Free
- Canva Pro – for blog graphics / mostly the browser version is in use. Paid
- Google Docs – to handle documents created by my team. Free
- Slack – my collaboration favorite. Free
- Notion – to manage important and sensitive data. Free
- SEMrush – for Backlink Audit and Keyword Research. Paid
- Alfred for increased automation, text snippets and more. Paid
- I use Google Chrome as the default browser to sync the data between all operating systems. Free
- CleanShot X to capture and annotate screenshots. Paid
- Filezilla for FTP. Free
- Pixelmator Pro – for image editing needs that cannot be fulfilled with Canva. Paid
- WordPress – obviously and proudly.
The layout is based on a heavily customized Marketers Delight WordPress Theme – $58 for unlimited site usage.
MD is possibly the best WordPress theme for Bloggers and Digital Marketers. Highly recommended.
Here are some other WordPress themes that I recommend, if MD is not of your taste.
- WP Rocket + Perfmatters for performance (Read the tutorial)
- Jetpack for stats, backup, related posts and search. Free
- Ninja Tables Pro for awesome-looking tables
- GenerateBlocks Premium and Gutencon for different marketing blocks.
- Code Snippets for useful on-need PHP functions and content shortcodes. (I use the Pro version but the Free version is more than enough). Free
- Dynamic Month & Year into Posts to show auto-updating month, year and dates in content and meta. Free
- Rank Math SEO Pro for SEO. Better than Yoast. Better than anything else.
- Advanced Custom Fields – a total lifesaver. Free
- AAWP for Amazon Affiliates.
- Boxzilla for slide-ins and newsletter popups (Free is awesome. I am on Pro version by the way). Free
- Content Views Pro for post grids, filters and things that I used to do with code. Will be ditching this in favor of GenerateBlocks.
- HTML Forms Premium to create forms and newsletter boxes. Incredible plugin.
- Easy Table of Contents: Adds a user-friendly and fully automatic way to create and display a table of contents generated from the page content. Free