JEE Advanced Exam Day Instructions & Prohibited Items
According to the latest notification, IIT Bombay will conduct the JEE Advanced 2022 Exam on 03rd July 2022. So let’s get started with JEE Advanced Preparation by pulling up your socks.
IITs have announced a list of prohibited goods in the JEE Advanced 2022 Exam, following the tight procedures of verification used in previous examinations.
This is being done in order to reduce examination malpractices that have been observed in previous years.
We have shared the JEE Advanced 2022 forbidden goods list as well as the complete list of documents required to appear in the exam in this blog.
List of Forbidden Items
As previously mentioned, the JEE Advanced Exam will be held on 03rd July 2022. IIT Bombay has published a series of new guidelines for appearing candidates in regards to forbidden materials in exam centers and other important instructions.
Candidates will be subjected to a metal detector test and if someone is caught defying or breaking the rules, their candidacy may be revoked, and they may be barred from taking the JEE Advanced Exam in the future.
Many objects that we normally bring to a test venue are prohibited in the JEE Advanced Exam. So, below we have listed those items:
- Smart/ Digital/ Programmable Watches
- Log Tables
- Pen Drives
- Electronic Pens
- Health Bands
- Mobile Phones
- Pouches Pagers
- Printed/ Blank/ Hand Written Paper
- Geometry/ Pencil Boxes
- Bluetooth Devices
- Electronic Gadgets
- Writing Pads
- Calculators, and
Candidates are also requested not to wear these items in the examination hall:
- Metal items such as:
- Nose Pin
- Chain/ Necklace
- Nose Pin
- Chain/ Necklace
- Clothes with Big Buttons
So, these are the items that are prohibited during the JEE Advanced 2022 Exam. But there are certain items that you can carry to the examination hall, which you can find below.
List of Allowed Items
Earlier, we have listed out the items that are not allowed in the exam hall. Now you can see the list of items that are allowed during the advanced exam of IIT JEE.
- Transparent Water Bottle
- Admit Card
- Original Photo ID
- Simple Analog Watch
So, these are some of the items that are allowed in the exam hall. Candidates are also suggested (not required) to wear open footwear such as chappals and sandals so there is no possibility of cheating in the exam.
JEE Advanced Exam: Important Instructions During the Exam
These are some of the important instructions that students should take care of while appearing in the JEE Advanced exam.
- For the examination, candidates must bring a printed copy of the downloaded admit card as well as a valid original photo identification card (any of the following):
- Aadhaar Card
- School/College/Institute ID
- Driver License
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Notarized Certificate with the photograph (if none of above is available)
- Only those with a valid admit card and a picture identification card will be permitted to take the exam.
- Invigilators and IIT personnel will verify the candidates’ identities at the examination centre. If the candidate’s identification is in doubt, he or she may be denied the opportunity to take the exam.
- In lieu of the time taken to complete these formalities, no additional time will be provided to complete the examination. The judgment of the Zonal Chairperson, JEE (Advanced) 2022 on the subject shall be final in such circumstances where the candidate is authorized to provisionally appear for the test.
- Candidates must wear a mask and carry hand sanitizer due to the continuing pandemic crisis (up to 50 ml in a transparent bottle).
- Candidates who arrive at the examination centre after the start of the examination in each session (09:00 IST for Paper 1 and 14:30 IST for Paper 2) will not be permitted to take the exam. The examination center’s main entrance will close at 9:00 a.m. (IST) for Paper 1 and 14:30 a.m. (IST) for Paper 2.
- Candidates must remain in the test hall for the entire time allotted for each paper. They are not permitted to leave the test hall before 12:00 IST for Paper 1 or 17:30 IST for Paper 2.
- Imitation and/or the use of unfair means in the examination are significant offenses that will result in one’s candidature being disqualified from JEE (Advanced) 2022 and other admission-related processes. It could also result in legal action being taken against such candidates.
- Candidates must arrive at the examination centers well ahead of time and complete the necessary processes, as detailed in the admit card.
- Exam centers will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. IST.
- However, the IIT authorities may, at their discretion, allow the candidate to sit for the exam on an interim basis after completing certain criteria.
So, these are the important instructions students need to follow if they want to appear in the exam. Students are advised to follow the above instructions strictly.
Keep visiting us for more interesting posts and updates. See our post series on how to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced exams for more.