Grammarly Review: World’s Best Writing Assistant?
Grammarly is a popular spelling and grammar checker focused on improving writing and editing. But is it good enough? That we will see in this Grammarly review. In this Grammarly review, I will review Grammarly both as a product and as a writing tool for bloggers and students.
So, without further ado, let’s start with the Grammarly review.
What is Grammarly?
- a service
- a writing tool
- a spellchecker
- a grammar checker
- a plagiarism checker
- a writing assistant with tone improvements, technical clarity and legibility
Grammarly is made for:
- businesses, primarily
Grammarly is available on:
- Windows, Mac, Linux
- Android, iOS, iPadOS
- Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox
- Any browser using app.grammarly.com
In short, Grammarly is a writing assistant with a suite of writing tools like spellcheck, grammar correction and plagiarism checkers built primarily for businesses but useful for all types of people in life, including students, bloggers, authors and journalists. It is available to use on every platform imaginable, including MacOS, Windows, Android and iOS.
|Price:||Free to $360 per year|
|Free Tier Available?:||Yes|
|Is Premium Trial Available?:||No|
|Platforms:||Android, iOS, iPadOS, Mac, Linux, ChromeOS, Windows, Browsers|
|Daily Active Users:||30,000,000|
What Does Grammarly Do?
Grammarly writing assistant checks the grammar of your article, considers 250+ grammatical rules and gives you extensive feedback on writing. This tool proofreads your content and helps improve it in many ways.
Additionally, the it includes other enterprise-level tools to scan content for plagiarism, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, enhancement, and style.
Additionally, it provides suggestions and alternative options for phrasing and spelling.
Grammarly Review — A Review of the Best Features
Grammarly is mostly good. And that’s why it is considered the best writing tool on the planet after the human brain. Here are the key features that you will see while using the service:
- It uses web extensions to check your writing across the web. You can use a Grammarly web extension like chrome extension to check your emails, articles, writings, and content.
- Grammarly offers the advantage of checking genre-specific writing styles. The words and the structure of writing vary from one another. With Grammarly you have the option of choosing between multiple formats and styles like marketing, creative writing, academic, script, blog post, web content and even medical content.
- For bloggers, it can check punctuation and grammar even in the WordPress editor through an extension. You can correct your blog posts for spell check and grammar check online using Grammarly extension.
- There is also a Microsot365, Microsoft Word integration available through add-ons. We can’t go without a mention of this feature when it comes to Grammarly Review. By integrating this software with MS word you can easily create flawless content. This extension checks grammar and other errors while the user is writing the content. Just make sure the internet connectivity is on while creating the content.
- Grammarly also offers context-specific word and vocabulary check benefits to its users. It turns out to be quite helpful especially for research writing purposes.
- There is a free checker version for those with a limited budget
- The paid version provides amazing writing insights and the reason behind the grammar mistakes.
- The paid version enhances readability and gives suggestions to enhance vocabulary and improve sentences.
Grammarly — What’s great?
- Great to use UI
- Cross platform extensions and mobile apps available
- Provides writing insights
- It has a powerful grammar checker and spell checker
- Trusted by millions
- Its ability to understand the different styles allows Grammarly to provide the most accurate suggestions
- MS Office extension is one of the best Grammarly features
- Users can customize their Grammarly by adding the words of their choice to it.
- Plagiarism Checker
- Facilitates the users with Spelling and grammar check at the time of writing in MS word.
Grammarly — What’s not good?
- Doesn’t works in absence of internet connectivity.
- You’ll need to subscribe to one of the plans in order to facilitate yourself with Grammarly tools. Premium is too expensive for starters.
- The suggestions are not natural and may cause you and your readers lose the flow in reading.
- Free version is extremely limited.
Can I use Grammarly for free?
Yes. Grammarly is free but with some limitations. If you need a tool just for some basic edits and improvements, you can stay with Grammarly’s basic free version. But if your purpose is bigger and while writing you want to improve your writing skills, styles and more — Grammarly asks you to go premium.
Is Grammarly a Scam?
Nope. There are some things I didn’t like about their payment system but no, Grammarly isn’t a scam.
The troubles were these:
- You cannot get a trial.
- You cannot get a refund.
But if you are a serious user, say a student, teacher, writer or blogger, you can surely go for it. I have been using Grammarly for 3 years now and there are no regrets.
Can I get Grammarly Premium’s Free Trial?
Grammarly does not have a trial for premium. You can try Grammarly’s one-month plan here and decide whether or not to stay on with it.
Grammarly is a complete writing assistant for all types of writers. The premium is essential for dedicated users, while the free version offers just enough for casual writing and conversation.
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Web, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android
Application Category: Education, Writing, Productivity
- Great to use UI
- Cross platform extensions and mobile apps available
- Great writing experience
- No premium trial.
- No refund
Can I trust Grammarly?
Yes, Grammarly works perfectly. It is one of the best applications for checking spelling and grammar mistakes in your writing. The app is highly user-friendly, and you can use it with any of your devices. You can even combine it with Google Docs, Microsoft Word and can even use it with the keyboard application on your phone. It transfers your data securely over the web, so you can trust it to be quite safe. It is one of the most advanced grammar checkers that you can find today.
Is Grammarly safe and legit?
Grammarly is entirely secure to use. All data (in transit or at rest) is encrypted and protected to keep your information secure. Grammarly uses industry-standard encryption to do it all. So please do not fret about keeping your documents in Grammarly as all of it is heavily encrypted and safeguarded.
Does Grammarly slow down your computer?
Sometimes Grammarly may slow down your google docs or Microsoft word, but it is mainly because of an older laptop or, worst-case scenario, due to some virus already present in your device. Otherwise, it is suggested that you turn on Grammarly when you wish to see the suggestions on your document and then turn it off when you wish to write.
Is Grammarly free for outlook?
Grammarly is a free application itself, but you need to pay for the premium version if you want better correction. It is the same if you’re going to use it with Microsoft Outlook, i.e., the free Grammarly version is free, and the premium version is paid. Adding Grammarly to outlook will aid you in checking your emails directly!
Why is Grammarly slow in Word?
If you face this issue, the primary cause would be that your device’s antivirus, firewall, or any other add-in is interfering with Grammarly when on Microsoft Word. So, users may sometimes see problems opening Grammarly as it crashes. To resolve it, temporarily switch off your antivirus, firewall or any add-ins. To do so, go to files, then options and then add-ins. And you would be set to go.
How to use Grammarly in email?
First, you need to go to the official Grammarly add-in website to set up your Grammarly. Now either you can copy-paste your email in a Microsoft word file and upload it in Grammarly to check. Then copy and paste it back into your email, or go to Gmail in chrome and enable Grammarly to access your mails so that it can correct directly.
How do I install Grammarly on my laptop?
First, go to the official Grammarly website to download the app for windows and add the application to your device. Before downloading, make sure that it is compatible with the version of windows on your laptop. Then, follow the instructions as stated on the page, and you will get the application set up on your laptop with this. Lastly, start the application by clicking the desktop shortcut and using your credentials to log in.