Are you also a Call of Duty fan looking for the best Call of Duty Black Friday deals? Look no further as I bring you all the details about the best COD Black Friday sales and deals.
COD is not the only game that will be on sale this season. Whether you like to play games on PC, console, or on the go, you have plenty of gaming deals to look forward to this year.
As always, Black Friday is more or less the best time to purchase games you happen to miss throughout the year. Although 2022 witnessed the release of some great gaming titles, such as Elden Ring, Pokemon Legends, and Horizon: Forbidden West, the Call of Duty franchise has retained its popularity among gamers.
With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 released at the end of October, deals related to the franchise will be huge during Black Friday 2022.
Despite being a new title, I am expecting to see the game itself receive a good discount when the big day is finally here. However, it is possible that Activision and Blizzard both will bundle such an in-demand title with consoles or other accessories to create a more appealing deal.
In this article, I have discussed what Call of Duty fans can hope for during the Call of Duty Black Friday sale in 2024.
Looking for other Blizzard titles? See Blizzard Black Friday Deals and Offers + Buying Guide
Call of Duty franchise
Call of Duty is undoubtedly one of the most impactful franchises in the history of gaming. It is one of the pioneers of the first-person shooter (FPS) genre of games. Designed by Infinity Ward and produced by Activision, the Call of Duty game was initially set in World War II and allowed players to see the war through the eyes of American, British, and Soviet soldiers. It combined thrilling single-player missions with a multiplayer engine that breathed new life into a genre spawned by legendary games such as Doom and Quake.
Due to its popularity, Call of Duty paved the way for various expansions and sequels, such as Call of Duty II, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Call of Duty III. The franchise achieved another significant milestone in 2007 with the release of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, allowing gamers to immerse themselves in a futuristic conflict between the United States, the United Kingdom, and Russia.
The game became very popular with players and critics alike and went on to become the best-selling title of 2007. It helped the series retain its position at the top of the war game genre.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was released in November 2009 and set entertainment industry records during the first five days of its release by grossing over $550 million in worldwide sales. The game’s single-player mode featured a thrilling and captivating counterterrorism storyline. In addition, its engaging multiplayer mode attracted over two million users to Xbox Live, creating a new one-day record for the online gaming service.
The franchise’s next release, Call of Duty: Black Ops, crossed $360 million in sales on the first day of its release in November 2010, comfortably becoming the largest entertainment opening of the year. It featured a decent single-player story based on the Cold War events and an evenly balanced and highly customizable multiplayer mode.
The Modern Warfare series subsequently came to a close in November 2011 with the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, a game that smashed global records with a whopping $775 million in sales within the first five days of its release.
All Call of Duty Titles
Below is a list of all Call of Duty titles released until today, excluding the mobile game and downloadable content. Linked titles are available and updated.
- Call of Duty (2003)
- Call of Duty: Finest Hour (2004)
- Call of Duty 2 (2005)
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (2005)
- Call of Duty 3 (2006)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016)
- Call of Duty: WWII (2017)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (2018)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (2020)
- Call of Duty: Warzone (2020) → Free to Play Battle Royale
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (2021)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022)
Last Year's Call of Duty Black Friday deals
In 2021, Amazon offered a popular Call of Duty: Vanguard Cyber Monday deal that was undoubtedly one of the best Cyber Monday deals I have ever seen in recent times. Despite being a newly launched title, Vanguard was available at Amazon for just $39, offering savings of $20 for last-gen consoles and $30 for current-gen consoles.
Also, Activision put up some massive Black Friday deals on Call of Duty Mobile; the game store was full of great discounts, mainly involving cosmetics such as character and weapon skins. The main deal available for Call of Duty Mobile during Black Friday 2021 was a discount of up to 50% off on crates, including the following:
- Hired Muscle Crate (Contains SP-R 208 Dragon Head and Ajax Hired Gun)
- Deep League Crate (Contains Man-O-War Bloodbath and Nikto Bloodletter)
- Anime Super Crate (Contains QXR Tsundere and Scylla Pink Hearted)
- Urban Revolution Crate (ICR-1 Ignition and RUS-79U Dusk)
Call of Duty is undoubtedly one of the biggest franchises in the gaming industry. Ever since its inception in the early 2000s, it has remained a mainstay of all major retailers’ lists.
Call of Duty Black Friday Deals in 2024
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, aka Call of Duty: MW2, is an innovative reimagining of one of the most popular titles in the franchise. With the nostalgia factor kicking in, many gamers will rush back to the game to see what they’ve changed about it.
With the game launching only a few weeks before Black Friday 2022, it is going to be the first and most promising opportunity for you to grab it at a significant discount. In addition, since Activision will rely heavily on Black Friday sales from places like Target and Best Buy to boost launch sales figures, you have an even greater chance of finding an excellent deal.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
For PS4 and PS5 players:
For Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Series X players, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will have up to 50% off.
- As Elite operatives, you will Follow the trail of a shadowy Figure named perseus who is on a mission to destabilize the global...
- Descend into the dark center of this global conspiracy alongside iconic characters woods, Mason and hudson and a new cast of...
- Beyond the campaign, players will bring a cold war arsenal of weapons and equipment into the next generation of multiplayer and...
Call of Duty: Vanguard
For PS4 and PS5 players:
For Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Series X players:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Available for pre-order now.
For PS4 and PS5 players:
- Call of Duty: Modern Wafare II PS5
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is the sequel to 2019’s blockbuster Modern Warfare.
- Featuring the return of the iconic, team leader Captain John Price, the fearless John "Soap" MacTavish, the seasoned Sergeant Kyle...
For Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Series X players
- Download and play the campaign now. Game officially releases on Oct 28, 2022.
- Cross Gen Bundle of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
- Includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game
When to look for the discounts?
In 2022, Black Friday falls on the November 29 and will bring a new slate of amazing gaming deals.
Although we still have a little over a month to go, I know that retailers have a habit of releasing a bunch of early deals to try and capitalize on some of the Black Friday shopping magic. So we could see deals as early as the very start of November.
Legal note: ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE, CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE, MODERN WARFARE, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS, CALL OF DUTY WARZONE, WARZONE and CALL OF DUTY VANGUARD are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc, and I am no way affiliated with Activision.
Last update on 2024-02-25 using Amazon Product Advertising API.