Useful Tips To Crack Your Class 12 Chemistry
Chemistry is a strange subject and it covers a wide range of topics. The subject could start with a simple substance and then move on to subatomic particles or complex polymers. Now cracking this could turn out to be challenging. We bring you some tips on how to become a better student and score well in class 12 chemistry.
Table of Contents
Marking Scheme for Class 12 Chemistry
To do well in class 12 chemistry, it is required that you first understand the subject and the marking scheme for it. Depending on that you can plan how to prepare for the exams efficiently. Given here is an overview of the unit-wise marks of the 2018 Question paper:
|Unit – 1||23|
|Unit – 2||19|
|General Principles & Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|d & f-Block Elements|
|Haloalkanes & Haloarenes|
|Alcohols, Phenols & Ethers|
|Aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
Now, once you know which area to focus more on, you can start studying. Meanwhile, you can also find below some tips we have for you.
Tips to Score Well In Class 12 Chemistry
To start with, first, you have to ensure that you are thorough with the syllabus. You can plan your study time as per the marking scheme. At the same time, be sure to be thorough with the basics of the subject. Students who have a very good foundation in Class 10 Science will find Class 12 Chemistry to be easier. This is because part of these topics is covered in class 10 science as well.
Here, a few tips are given:
- Prepare a study plan as per the syllabus.
- Know your weak and strong areas and study accordingly
- Practice a lot using previous year question papers
- Solve NCERT solutions for class 12 chemistry
- Solve sample papers and get acquainted with taking exams
- Revise your subject well before the exams
- Self-assess your knowledge gap in a subject
- What you need to write better chemistry notes
- How to revise Physics for IIT-JEE in just one month