Content readability is an important factor and the bloggers must pay attention to it as with good readability, your words impact the people in the right manner — increase traffic, sales and what not. Effective content with better readability can help you target the right audience as the content is accessible and easy to understand. The content loses its value if it has poor readability and is inaccessible to the audience. Good readability provides effective communication and is required in almost all documents whether student documents or legal ones. Readable content matters a lot in digital marketing as it is more effective to influence the target audience and keep them engaged.
Benefits of good readability
Readability is very important for SEO as it can turn the readers and audience into customers. As a digital marketer if you want to make an impact on the audience and leave an impression, it is important to pay attention to readability.
- Better rankings: Search Engines like Google and Bing pay attention to how quickly visitors leave your website, which may be due to boring or complex content or poor readability. However, if you make your content interesting and readable, it can increase client engagement. Readable websites rank higher on search engines and users feel comfortable when the website is accessible.
- More traffic: People use keywords that are simple, not complex, so if the content makes use of complex keywords or phrases, it will not appear during Google searches. Make your content more readable and use the language of the common people.
- Better engagement: A better readable content results in higher usability, which further increases engagement, page views, and conversions. This is why the content should be such that the target audience reaches it easily.
- Enhanced conversions: when creating content for your website, it is important to keep the conversion goal in mind. If the readability of your content is good then it can boost the conversions. Readable content can make the visitors stick around and make them come back and high-quality readable content enhances conversions and better success in business.
Tips to Improve the Readability of your content:
- Write short sentences: If you are using a readability analyzer that comprehends your work to be complex, then all you have to do is shorten the long sentences. In case you have a long sentence, change it into two to make it more readable.
- Make the words shorter: Do not use long and complex words in your content that are difficult for the audience to read, so exchange long words for short ones. It is also important to use fewer syllables in the content.
- The paragraphs must be short: The lines need to be well-placed as lengthy paragraphs with too much information can backfire. Putting too many words in lengthy paragraphs can make readers lose interest. Make use of sub-headings and images to break the paragraphs.
- Don’t be formal and stiff with the tone: Formal tone can make readers feel exhausted so keep the tone natural and loose as if it’s a conversation. Your text needs to be informal and friendly, to be more readable.
- Use your reader’s language: It is important to know your audience well and write using their language. If you are writing for a general audience, then the words should be easy to understand and whoever reads your content must be able to do so. Do some research about your target audience and write in their language.
- Use good text design: Good text design can enhance the readability as fonts make a massive difference. Choose the headline font that contrasts the body font and uses fonts that are large enough to read. Colors of the font and background should not clash for better readability.
- Make use of similes, metaphors, and analogies: You can increase the reader’s engagement by making the content interesting and relevant to the readers. Using similes, analogies, and metaphors, you can bring boring and technical content to life.
- Measure the readability: several online tools can help you measure the readability of the content with a proven scoring system. Make sure to reach a good readability score by shortening the sentences and using short words.
- Get your copy reviewed by someone: Ask a friend or colleague to review your content so that errors and mistakes can be identified. Your copy must look visually appealing and must convey the key points to the readers.
By following these tips, you can easily start writing readable text and simple yet effective writing will help you reach your goals easily. This can further enhance visitor engagement as viewers will read it, share it and come back again for more. With better readability, your search engine ranking will soar higher and you will get a strong web presence. If you want to get more viewers, more clicks and shares, then you need to deliver high quality and accessible content on your website. You can use this content to lure more customers and enhance conversions.
Feel free to ask questions, send feedback and even point out mistakes. Great conversations start with just a single word. How to write better comments?