10 Best Digital Calipers to Buy
Whether you are a regular homeowner working on renovation projects or a professional mechanical engineer, you will agree that some tasks require accurate measurements. Even a single accidental wrong measurement can likely threaten the fitting of parts and hinder the overall success of your project. Therefore, you need to use a digital caliper – a great device that is very useful for making small accurate measurements.
Digital calipers are unbeatable when taking precise measurements of small objects. They are much more accurate than measuring tapes or rulers and indispensable for home and commercial applications. Also, they are easier to read than dial or Vernier calipers and are available in different lengths and versions. Learning to take measurements using digital calipers is fairly simple and can be easily mastered.
However, so many models are available in the market that it is tricky to choose an ideal digital caliper that perfectly fulfills your needs. Therefore, in this article, I have listed some of the best digital calipers you will find today.
10 Best Digital Calipers to Buy
Let us now go through my picks for the top 10 best digital calipers available in the market currently.
10 Best Digital Calipers to Buy
Mitutoyo 500-196-30 6″ AOS Digital Caliper
- Measures 0 to 6" (0 to 150mm) in 0.0005" (0.01mm) increments for precision use
- Digital readout LCD shows inch or metric units for versatility when measuring
- Advanced onsite sensor (AOS) electromagnetic inductive sensor for resistance to dirt, oil, and water
The Mitutoyo AOS digital caliper is one of the highest-rated digital calipers and has some excellent features under a reasonable price range. Most importantly, it comes equipped with exceptional AOS (Advanced On-site Sensor) technology that enhances its resistance to oil, dirt, and water and improves its longevity.
The caliper offers a decent 0-150 mm measurement range, which is good enough for its price range. It further allows 0.01 mm increments to ensure flawless measurements. Also, it features an easy-to-read LCD that illustrates the measurement readings in two different units, such as mm and inches. Thus, it saves you from the trouble of recalibration and provides an exceptional user experience.View on Amazon
Also see: 10 Best Robotic STEM Toys for Children to Spark Creativity & Curiosity
EAGems 6″ Stainless Steel IP54 Digital Caliper
- Higher quality and value at a great price - our all stainless steel caliper glides smoothly without a rough or sticky movement;...
- Avoid frustration from inaccurate or imprecise measurements - eliminate the difficulty reading the lines with fine precision on a...
- Stop wasting time trying to find different tools to measure SAE or Metric parts - it easily converts between inches, millimeters...
EAGems is a highly trustworthy brand, the new EAGems 6″ digital caliper features state-of-the-art IP54 technology. It is a great option for users with basic expectations and a limited budget. It offers a standard measurement range between 0-6 inches and allows an increment of 0.0005 inches for better accuracy. However, similar to the Mitutoyo digital calipers, it displays the measurement in both inches and mm units on its full LCD screen.
Unlike the Mitutoyo caliper, it has a handy auto on/off feature and shuts down after five minutes of inactivity. Its highly efficient IP54 protection shields it from water and dust for long-lasting product life.View on Amazon
MOOCK MK-DC-01 6″ Stainless Steel Digital Caliper
- 1. [High Quality Standard]: This Digital Calipers 6 inch are made of full-covered stainless steel that is smooth to glide along...
- 2. [Precision&Accurate Measurement]: With an accuracy within .0005-inch/.01-mm, this digital caliper has been a great helper for...
- 3. [Extra Large LCD Display]: Comes with a large easy-to-read LCD screen that shows instant readings with digital numbers, makes...
The MOOCK digital caliper is a high-quality product that provides long-lasting durability and excellent performance. It is user-friendly and fairly good at measuring internal/external dimensions, diameters, depth, and steps. Like the EAGems 6” caliper, this device has an automatic power-off feature.
However, the most important virtue of the MOOCK caliper is how quickly it can convert the measurement readings into various units such as fractions, inches, and millimeters. Also, it comes with a powerful shock-resistant case for protection. Unfortunately, the accuracy of this caliper’s measurements is rather low. Also, its battery life is pretty disappointing.View on Amazon
iGaging 12″ Digital Caliper
- Resolution: 0.0005"/0.01mm; Accuracy: 0.001" / 0.02mm; Range: 12"/300mm
- IP54 protection: Water drop and dust resistant
- USB cable available separately.
The iGaging 12″ Digital Caliper is a pretty decent model that offers satisfactory efficiency at an affordable price. It is a standard digital caliper with a full LCD, a decent measurement range, and the usual accuracy of 0.002 mm. Like the EAGems digital caliper, it also has an advanced IP54 safeguarding feature that protects it from dust and water.
The caliper offers an impressive battery life and doesn’t put you through the hassle of frequent charging. It comes equipped with a low battery notification for higher user convenience. However, it has issues while measuring anything more extensive than 130 mm. Therefore, I feel it is better for personal use than professional work.View on Amazon
Neiko 01407A 6″ Stainless Steel Digital Clipper
- MULTI-FUNCTION: This measuring tool has a quick-change button that changes between three measuring modes such as inch, fraction,...
- THREE UNIT CONVERSION: The electronic digital caliper micrometer measurement range is 0” - 6” and 0 mm – 150 mm with a...
- QUALITY: The body of the digital caliper is constructed using finely polished stainless steel with a knurled thumb roller and...
The Neiko 01407A 6″ stainless steel digital clipper is one of the top-rated products in the market currently. As its name implies, it is made of stainless steel, which ensures long-lasting durability. It has an ergonomic design and features a knurled thumb roller to lock the screws, allowing you to position it more accurately. The device is surprisingly light and compact, which makes it easy to carry around.
It can smoothly measure over 130 mm, has a 0.002 mm accuracy range, and displays the measurement readings in various units such as mm, inches, and fractions on its full LCD. My only complaint is the notable gap between the measuring jaws, which can result in the internal measurements being slightly inaccurate.View on Amazon
REXBETI Electronic Digital Caliper
- Unlike most inaccurate digital calipers, measuring jobs becomes more reliable and accuracy with REXBETI all stainless steel...
- Thanks to a high precision assembly quality materials and smart design, this digital caliper is a general purpose tool with...
- Better looking, smooth sliding and accurate result. The whole body of this caliper was made of a first-class stainless steel and...
The REXBETI Electronic Digital Caliper is arguably the best option when it comes to sturdy tools that provide high accuracy. It is a great tool for people who work in harsh conditions and need tools that deliver higher accuracy.
The device features a set of laser-machined measuring jaws that enhance its accuracy. It also assures smooth movements and makes your job simpler and more manageable. Being and ergonomically built, it protects your wrist from sprains and aches when using it for a longer period. Also, it offers better battery life than the iGaging digital caliper.View on Amazon
VINCA DCLA-0605 Digital Vernier Caliper
- Higher quality lower price stainless steel digital caliper with inch/metric/fraction conversion; Home DIY and professional use are...
- Fine polished stainless steel and NEW processing of depthometer's groove give better looking, smooth sliding, and accurate result
- Measure Range: 0-6 inches/150mm; Display: 1/2"x1 1/2" (13mm x 38mm) extra large screen; Accuracy: ±0.001"/0.03mm; Resolution:...
The VINCA DCLA-0605 digital Vernier caliper is a great choice for users who seek best value products. It is built with durable stainless steel and has a standard measurement range of up to 6 inches, with an increment of 0.001 inches to increase its accuracy.
Like other standard digital calipers, the VINCA digital Vernier caliper supports various units of measurement, such as inches, millimeters, and fractions. Although it has an automated on/off feature, the processor runs 24×7 even when the device is turned off, resulting in the battery life coming down. Also, the external measuring jaws tend to wobble quite a bit when you are using the tool.View on Amazon
RCBS Electronic Digital Caliper
The RCBS Electronic Digital Caliper is a quality tool and a decent addition to the best-value products category. The main feature that sets this model apart from competitors is its exceptional product quality. It is built with high-quality stainless steel, which gives it remarkably high durability.
Since the device allows millimeters and inches, the versatility of measurement units is relatively standard here. However, the best part is that it can easily make internal, external, depth, and step measurements. It displays the measurement readings on its full LCD and allows an increment of 0.02 mm to ensure high accuracy. Unfortunately, its battery life is unsatisfactory, and it doesn’t have an automated on/off feature.View on Amazon
Clockwise Tools DCLR-0605 Electronic Digital Caliper
- Ip54 protection; Higher quality and lower price; inch/metric/fractions conversion; Home DIY and professional use are highly...
- Fine polished stainless steel (will stick with magnet) and NEW processing of depthometer's groove give better looking, smooth...
- Measure Range: 0-6 inches/150mm; Display: 3/4"x 2" (20mmx 50mm) extra large LCD; Accuracy: ±0.001"/0.03mm; Resolution:...
With a polished stainless steel construction and a large digital display, the Clockwise Tools DCLR-0605 electronic digital caliper takes measurements down to 0.0001 inches. It has large push buttons on the digital display to help the user toggle between standard, fraction, and metric measurements.
The caliper comes with IP54 protection certification that guarantees resistance to moisture and dirt. It has a data transfer port to help you upload measurements to your computer. An automatic shutoff activates after 5 to 7 minutes of dormancy to help preserve battery life. The only thing I don’t like is the analog rule because the markings are anything but traditional.View on Amazon
Adoric Digital Caliper, 0-6″ Calipers Measuring Tool
- Precise measurement: Measurement range: 0 - 6''/ 0 - 150mm; Resolution: 0.01”/ 0.1mm; Accuracy: ±0.2mm/0.01”. Perfect and...
- 4 measuring modes: This digital caliper can be used to Measure inside and outside diameter, depth and step with two sets of jaws...
- Inch/mm conversion: One button quick switch between two units: inch and millimeter, definitely save your time. The buttons are...
The Adoric 6-inch digital caliper is an affordable model that does not compromise with accuracy. It takes measurements down to 0.01 of an inch and provides them in imperial or metric units. It is constructed from rugged plastic carbon fiber composites, making it durable and portable. Its innovative design allows you to start a new measurement at any point of the scale, making it ideal for differential measuring.
The device’s 1.5-inch-wide display is effortless to read. It goes into auto shutdown after five minutes to conserve battery. Although the battery cover tends to pop off sometimes, its affordable price point and accuracy make it worth considering as a value-minded pick.View on Amazon
Digital calipers help complete small and large mechanical projects. However, the market is so saturated with different models that finding a suitable product becomes more challenging daily. I hope this article helps you pursue an ideal tool for yourself.
Last update on 2023-05-29 using Amazon Product Advertising API.