Calculate VAT/GST or any other sales tax with this easy-to-use Sales Tax Calculator.
What is a Sales Tax?
A sales tax is a consumption tax levied by the government on purchasing specific products and services. Typically, the vendor collects sales tax from the buyer at the time of purchase. Most nations refer to sales tax as value-added tax (VAT) or goods and services tax (GST).
VAT is an indirect tax that is levied at various stages of the manufacturing of products and services anytime value is added. VAT can be levied on imported and exported goods in countries that charge them.
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is analogous to the Value Added Tax (VAT). It is an indirect sales tax levied on specific goods and services at various points along the supply chain. Taxation systems in multiple nations that apply either a “GST” or a “VAT” are so dissimilar that neither term adequately defines them. In certain countries, the quoted prices for products and services are the pre-tax value, with sales tax imposed only at the time of purchase. In other countries, the prices indicated are the final after-tax values, which include sales tax.
How to Work Out Sales Tax?
This sales tax calculator assists you in determining how to calculate sales tax. And lets you calculate the tax in a matter of seconds.
- First, In the supplied box, enter the amount for which you wish to compute sales tax.
- At the top, there are two possibilities. If you want to include GST, select “GST Inclusive,” otherwise, pick “GST Exclusive.”
- Now, in the provided box, enter the sales tax % applicable to your state or nation.
- After that, choose your city, zip code, and country from the dropdown menus.
- You will get accurate sales tax results within no time.
This laborious process demanded significant time and effort, and the possibility of errors remained. However, with an online sale tax calculator, you may get accurate findings in a matter of seconds and at no cost. Plus, you don’t need help from a professional to make all the calculations, as a few clicks will allow you to use a sales tax calculator.