Are you a mathematics student looking to feed your curiosity with some interesting math articles and research papers? If you are one, you are the right place.
Here, I have collected the list of some excellent and interesting math articles and interesting mathematics research papers which I have read and found very useful.
All of these are easily available online. The main sources of this list are ArXiv.org and the websites of respective professors.
If you know any other paper/article which you find extremely interesting and that is not listed here, then please do comment mentioning the article name and URL. Papers/articles are cited as paper titles first, then HTTP URLs and at last author-name.
Interesting Math Articles
- The Two Cultures of Mathematics
- What is Good Mathematics?
- Career Advice (A Collection of Some very good advices) http://terrytao.wordpress.com/career-advice/
- For Potential Students
- Advice to a Young Mathematician
http://press.princeton.edu/chapters/gowers/gowers_VIII_6.pdf Princeton Companion to Mathematics
- Ten Signs a Claimed Mathematical Breakthrough is wrong http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=304
- On Proof and Progress in Mathematics
- A Mathematician’s Lament
- Truth as value of duty: Lessons of Mathematics http://arxiv.org/abs/0805.4057
Yuri I Mannin
- Mathematical Knowledge: Internal Social And Agricultural Aspects http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0703427
Yuri I Mannin
- The Cult of Genius
- Take it to the Limit
Opinionator on New York Times
- How to Supervise a Ph.D.
- Essential Steps of Problem Solving
- On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies
- Who can name the Bigger Number?
- Division by Three
Doyle and Conway
- Birds and Frogs
- A Mathematical Theory of Communication
- Missed Opportunities
http://projecteuclid.org/DPubS?verb=Display&version=1.0&service=UI&handle=euclid.bams/1183533964&page=record Freeman Dyson
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics in the Natural Sciences
- On Computable Numbers with an Application to the Entscheidungsproblem http://www.thocp.net/biographies/papers/turing_oncomputablenumbers_1936.pdf Alan Turing
- Funny Problems
- Life and Work of the Mathemagician Srinivasa Ramanujan
K Srinivasa Rao
- Why Everyone Should Know Number Theory?
- Meta Math! The Quest for Omega
G J Chaitin
- Vedic Mathematics
W B Vasantha Kandasamy & Florentin Smarandache
- On Multiple Choice Questions in Mathematics
http://terrytao.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/on-multiple-choice-questions-in-mathematics/ Terence Tao
- Ramnujan Type 1/pi Approximation Formulas
- Collatz’s 3x+1 Problem and iterative maps on Interval
- Proof of Riemann Hypothesis
- Solving Polynomial Equations from Complex Numbers
Ricardo S Vieira
- Age of Einstein
Frank WK Firk
- The Mysteries of Counting
- Generalisation of Ramanujan Method of Approximating Root of an Equation http://arxiv.org/abs/1112.5092v1
R K Muthumalai
- How to Gamble if You are in Hurry?
Ekhad, Georgiadis & Zeilberger
- How to Survive a math class?
Matthew Saltzman & Marie Coffin
- Is life Improbable?
- Remarks on Expository Writing in Mathematics http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~r-ash/Remarks.pdf
Robert B Ash
- Success in Mathematics
Saint Louis University
- Teaching and Learning Mathematics
- Helping your child learn Mathematics
US Department of Education
- Engaging Students in Meaningful Mathematics Learning: Different Perspectives, Complementary Goals
Michael T. Battista
Here are some more interesting Math Books/Items that you can try:
Mathematics is beautiful and there is no place for ugly mathematics in this world. Mathematics originates from creativity and develops with research papers.
These research papers aren’t only very detailed and tough to understand for a general student, but also interesting. I hope these math articles, research papers and the recommended books were helpful to you.
Last update on 2024-02-22 using Amazon Product Advertising API.