Blogs are used by websites to share valuable information to their readership. They also offer a chance for websites to gain more authority in their industry by becoming industry leaders. While they’re a great asset to any website, not all websites take the opportunity to create a blog. However, if you’re ready to start a blog for your business website, and you want to create one that’s going to drive more people to your website in a short amount of time, then this expert guide will give you the hidden secrets to blogging and how you can create a powerful blog. Let’s take a look now.
How To Develop A Blog That’s Going To Drive Success
1. Deliver Quality Content
You may have heard it over and over, but building quality content is the key as to whether your blog will become popular, or whether it will fail. The reason why quality content is important is because people like to read information from experts. If you’re content isn’t up to the standard level that’s expected from your audience, you’ll find they’ll look elsewhere for what they’re looking for. In order to deliver quality content, here’s some tips to help you get started.
- Make sure your content is grammatically correct and has no spelling mistakes. A blog that has mistakes all through it will tell your readership you’re not as professional as you make it out to be.
- Make sure the blog posts are structurally sound. Use subheadings, paragraphs, and bullet points. If you don’t break up the text it can cause problems with readers fatigue. The breaks also help to create an even white space balance that’s appealing to the eye.
- Use high quality images. It’s also important to use high quality images that are free to use. The images also need to be relevant to your blog post to make it more authentic. Without images, your post looks bland and doesn’t give the visual appeal of other high quality blogs. Sites such as ShutterStock, Pixabay, Unsplash or iStock offer some nice images, however you may need to pay depending on the site.
- Ensure the information being relayed is relevant to your audience and is of value. It should answer any questions your reader has been asking. It should also answer the title that has been proposed. The more value you offer, the more your blog will thrive.
- Make sure the content is evergreen. This means that the information can be used for years after the blog is written.
- Use catching headlines that draw attention to themselves. ‘Powerful Blogging Tips’ isn’t as appealing as ‘Hidden Secrets To Blogging’.
As you can see these are the key elements of delivering quality content. By keeping your blog posts within these rules your blogs will be a very power asset to your website.
2. Have A Great Web Design
A powerful blog is about the content you offer and about the blog’s website design. When creating a blog design online, it’s important to make it as appealing as possible to help catch the eye of your readership. In order to make a great blog web design, there’s a few things to remember. These are:
- Make sure the blog design is responsive and mobile friendly. If it’s not, you won’t gain the traffic and readership that you’re hoping.
- Make sure the blog is on a white background. Text on colored backgrounds are hard to read.
- Avoid cluttering your site with ads. Ads give a blog a negative effect and makes it look cheap.
- Use colors that represent your industry the best, but only use 2 to 3 colors overall. Using too many colors will make your blog look cluttered and overwhelming on the eye. Instead go for a clean colored appearance.
- When uploading your content, ensure the font used is easy to read. Arial, Open Sans or Times New Roman are great options for that professional appearance.
- Have a layout that’s easy to navigate. Large scroll blogs are time consuming when a reader has to continue to scroll down the page to look for what they want. Instead have an overview page of the blogs so readers can quickly find what they’re looking for. Having a well thought out blog web design is great for creating a powerful blog that is eye-catching and appealing.
3. Publishing Blogs
Lastly after you have developed your blog post and your blog website, you need to then make sure you release the blogs on time. The last key to a powerful blog is how often you release the content. Make sure the content is released weekly and on the same day, at the same time. Readers like consistency and will anticipate your new blog post each week. Release 1 to 3 great blogs each week. While you can release 10 a week, it can be hard for readers to keep up. Releasing too many at once may also be overwhelming as well for your readers which can cause them to turn away. In keeping to this schedule you’ll be able to peak the interest of your readers while also leaving them wanting more.
Creating a powerful blog is all about how you write, design, and publish the content to your audience. Don’t forget to share you content on social media to gain more interest in your content. So are you ready to start a blog that will make a difference?
Feel free to ask questions, send feedback and even point out mistakes. Great conversations start with just a single word. How to write better comments?