Email verification apps are specifically designed to check bulk email addresses from a list and to identify whether or not those are valid. The process is also known as “email list cleaning” or “maintaining the hygiene of an email list”.
I discussed in an earlier article on how to build your first email list that you can build an email list by using various methods – including HTML email forms or by using an external newsletter service like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Aweber, Mailerlite, Drip etc.
But in each case, fake email addresses are spammed into your list of subscribers. The number of spammers can be way more than the real subscribers. This is harmful for the companies’ reputation as the data becomes inaccurate and fake. It is also resource-heavy as you use more server resources on such spam emails – causing higher bills.
When sending large amounts of emails to such a messy list, many marketers discover they get lots of hard and soft bounces or are being marked as spam senders.
To overcome this problem, companies have started to use reliable email verification software.
Most of the time, apart from valid addresses, an email list contains many inaccurate or dead accounts that simply don’t serve you anymore.
They can seriously harm you and your reputation. If you send marketing emails to an unclean list, you risk getting a high bounce rate and you lose the trust of your email provider. This can result in your sending IP being blacklisted. That’s why email validation has become so important.
Why you should keep a clean email list
If you want to maintain a long term relationship with your customers and third parties, the validation of your database is critical. It will improve your reputation and will have positive effects on your email deliverability. Following are some of the reasons that will clear your doubts related to keeping a clean email list:
- It cuts the unnecessary costs of email marketing and also reduces your bounce rates
- Your campaigns will achieve better results because your emails are not reaching dead inboxes, but actual people.
- It protects your reputation and also improves the sending score of your domain and IPs.
- This improves deliverability rates and email opening rates.
- This will improve your return on investment (ROI).
What are the features of email verification software?
A good email verifier will not only identify the invalid email addresses in your list, but it will also provide a bundle of other benefits, as well. It can eliminate duplicate email addresses, spam traps, toxic and catch-all domains, and reveal relevant information about your subscribers, like their name, gender and location.
This data is very useful for those who want to segment their list according to demographics. Having segmented email lists will help you target campaigns more easily and reach the right people.
Email validation systems are easy to use: you just upload your email list into the system, and you get it back clean. Once your database has been validated, you can start sending out your marketing campaigns and communicate safely and effectively.
Following are some other salient features of verification software:
- Minimize the usage of website bandwidth by focusing on targeted audience.
- Flexible and fast cleaning of email list providing 100% accurate result.
- Restore and backup because of which data can be transferred easily from one computer to another.
- Export email addresses to XML, text files or other external services.
- Manage your contact list by eliminating invalid addresses from the given list.
- Receive detailed reports of each operation and save bad and good emails in the form of text files.
- Get verification emails and accurate results within no time.