Make or Break the Web Design?
If you are an entrepreneur in this age and day, it is most likely that you have an online platform. In fact, websites today are perfect for anyone who wants to reach a wide audience from entertainers, public figures and organizations of different kinds.
However, your website’s success is only as good as the web design and this is where most businesses fail. Web design is not just a matter of creating a beautiful website but one that helps you achieve your objectives. In essence, web designing determines the success of your site.
Web Design Explained
If there is one misunderstood profession, it has to be web design. Probably the fact that anyone with some computer knowledge can create a website has led to this confusion. There is an old maxim used by professionals in this trade that web design is not print design and this helps to clear matters.
In technical terms, a web designer is a user interface designer and is responsible for the visual presentation of the website. This is a minimalistic definition because once you give your design or concept to a designer he/she has to do a lot of work including collaborating with other web experts in order to come up with a template that suits your needs.
Considerations in Web design
The role of a web designer is an important one especially if you want high ROI (return on investment) from your online business. Your business website is supposed to make it easier for clients to interact with you and hence the design, which is the first impression, will either draw them or repulse them.
Some considerations that web designers also factor in developing your page include:
- Ease of navigation: If a website is not easy to navigate through, your users will definitely walk away never to return.
- Customization: Your specific business has to reflect in the website irrespective of which CMS you are using. For example, WordPress one of the leading CMSs enables website owners to customize their pages in a way that casual observers will not even note they are using the same CMS.
- Avoid cluttering: You might be selling thousands of products but this does not mean everything has to be on the first page. Your web designer reduces cluttering by using techniques such as links and widgets, which visitors can click to read further. Nothing impresses users as much as a neatly arranged website.
- The awe factor: First impressions speak a lot and this especially applies for your website. A creatively designed page that has beautiful color schemes, tasteful use of fonts and jaw-dropping choice of images will easily draw in a user. This is what your web designer helps you achieve.
- Point of contact: Imagine if you captivate your users only for them to find there is no point of contact. Your web designer ensures prevention of such oversights as this would render the website useless.
- Web design SEO: The CMS used should be easy to optimize and more importantly, the website creation must be with search engines in mind.
Web design can either make or break your website, which is why you need to use professionals to develop it.